At least two people have died in a Listeria outbreak linked to chilled smoked trout fillets in the Netherlands. All six sick people have been hospitalized and two died from their infections. Another person has died but no information about the cause of death was given. Patients became ill between the beginning of February and... Continue Reading
You can show consumers a food safety video, and give them food safety tools, but you can’t make them use food thermometers all of the time. Study results just published by the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service show consumer behavior related to the use of thermometers when cooking ground turkey patties. “An Observational Study... Continue Reading
A court in the European Union has dismissed a case brought by two Brazilian meat companies about a 2018 decision to ban imports of their products into the EU because of public health reasons. The Brazilian companies BRF SA and SHB Comércio e Indústria de Alimentos SA are part of the group BRF Capital. They... Continue Reading
Editor’s note: Late this afternoon the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its patient count for this outbreak. The U.S. patient count has topped 500, now standing at 509. A troublesome Cyclospora outbreak continues to grow in North America with 37 confirmed cases in Canada added to 206 in the midwest United States.... Continue Reading
To be in compliance with FDA Drug Regulations, Sundial is requesting an immediate recall, removal and return, of all Sundial Products, distributed from the period beginning January 1, 2014 through current, that have labeling containing/making drug claims stating the product(s) can diagnose, cure, mi
KIND Healthy Snacks (KIND) is voluntarily recalling a limited number of Oats & Honey Granola with Toasted Coconut pouches due to the presence of sesame seeds, which is not listed as an ingredient in the product. The label does list "sesame seeds" under the "May Contain" statement.
Garland Ventures Ltd of Garland, Texas is voluntary recalling 1095 cases of Five Cheese Stuffed Shells trays because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people,