2017 Food Safety & Defense Conference
Thanks to all who attended the 2017 Food Safety & Defense Conference
This event was hosted on Tues., April 11, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cobb Performing Arts Centre, 2800 Cobb Galleria Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30339.
See the event agenda here.
Who should attend this event?
Manufacturers/processors, retailers, industry associations and their membership; wholesalers and distributors; regulators on the local, state and federal level; academia and other with a vested interest in food safety and defense here in Georgia, regionally and nationally. This conference is designed for everyone from the boots-on-the-ground level to leardership and upper management.
How much does it cost?
There are no attendance fees! Registration is open without cost thanks to a cooperative agreement from the FDA, which is funding the event costs. (Please note, the conference will not include lunch but there will be a lunch break and the venue includes numerous options nearby.)
This event is hosted by Georgia's Food Safety & Defense Task Force (GaFSTF) in conjunction with the Georgia Food & Feed Rapid Response Team (GaRRT). The GaFSTF and GaRRT are excited to bring the 2nd Annual Food Safety & Defense Conference to Georgia this year, and we look forward to having you and your colleagues join us.
Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Safety News
- June 24, 2017
- More than 30 tons of Sam’s Choice ravioli recalled nationwide
- Sam’s Choice brand beef ravioli distributed to Walmart stores nationwide is under recall because it may contain milk, which is a known allergen and is not declared on the product’s label as required by federal law. Cincinnati-based Wornick Co. posted the recall of more than 61,500 pounds of the ravioli with the U.S. Department of... Continue Reading
- June 23, 2017
- Food safety universe dimmer with the loss of two bright stars
- Editor’s note: This column by Ben Chapman was originally posted on BarfBlog.com and is reposted here with permission. I never met Dave Theno. I saw him speak a few times at IAFP (International Association for Food Protection), and other places; he had a fantastic story to tell. He had the experience of cleaning up after... Continue Reading
- June 23, 2017
- County won’t name food vendor behind Rifle Rodeo outbreak
- Health officials say they’re sure food from a specific vendor at the Rifle Rodeo in Garfield County, CO, caused an outbreak that sickened 40 percent of attendees, but they won’t name the rodeo organizer or the food vendor — neither of whom obtained required permits and neither of whom will be fined. About 80 of... Continue Reading
- June 23, 2017
- More independence for the European Food Safety Authority
- Ever since the European Food Safety Authority was founded 15 years ago, it has claimed to operate independently of its European Union funding sources, including the legislative and executive institutions of the Commission, Council, Parliament and EU Member States. The Authority is an agency of the EU, but one that is housed in Parma, Italy, not Brussels,... Continue Reading